Saturday 25 August 2012

Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen,




allow me to humbly introduce myself – my name is Vlad. As I can see, you’ve directed your attention to this blog and this particular entry, which is a source of endless joy for me. Yes, seriously. This facial expression is normal for me and means absolutely nothing, no worries. My shoulders have also always been like this. Or, at least since I have been reborn as a creature of the night. But this is a longer story, a long and boring one to be precise. Not like anybody cares.

Nobody, nobody in the world wants to hear my life-story…

Uhh, where was I? Aye.  I don’t mean to be too repetitive, but as some of you may have noticed, Schattenspiele the Horror Comic Anthology is to be found online now on this very domain as explained in detail in the previous post. Now you may want to challenge yourself with a question: what is a certain anorexic vampire even doing here talking to us?

Does it interest you?

I really don’t mean to appear too irritating…

Like, seriously?

Very well then: the two ladies of trio were kind enough to illustrate a short episode from my life. It is a most personal and traumatic experience connected with a… not quite successful attempt to suck a virgin’s blood. Very, very funny.  Haha. I bet everybody is laughing their ass off because of it. Except me, that is. But one has to sacrifice everything in the name of art as it lives eternally, right? I’m usually better at hunting anyway.
Take this one time in London, as I… ahem.  No, better not.  Forget what I said. Or when I was in Berlin… nooo, not that case, who could have thought that 9-year-olds can be that good with a swordstick?! And there was also that one time with the young nun who… who… WHATEVER.
Ah, who am I kidding? 

I’m an absolute wrack…

I am as much of a failure of a vampire as I was as a human more than 500 years ago. You don’t want to know. And to add insult to the injury, I’m doomed to carry the name of the legendary Count Dracula.  As if my existence wouldn’t be much more that a great big joke with a normal name. Am I really asking for too much?

I guess I would’ve perished a long time ago, had I not learned to sneak blood from the hospital. You know, sometimes I cannot fall asleep in my coffin and think of how the hospital guards probably know about me and  allow me to do this out of pity. Just imagine, miserable humans feeling sorry for an Immortal…  But no, this must be paranoia.

Or maybe I should really go out into the sun and end this nightmare forever… *suppressed sob*
If you will excuse me, I’d like to have a bit of private time now, curl up comfortably in front of the TV set with a pack of blood and watch Dark Shadows. Not the film of course, it was terrible…

Sincerely yours, 

Vlad the Vampire



PS: If you're really curious, here is the comic in question: Please click the images you´d like to see.





Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren,

wenn ich mich vorstellen darf, mein Name ist Vlad. Und wie ich sehe, haben Sie sich hier auf dieser Seite und diesem Blogeintrag festgelesen, was mich persönlich überaus freut. Ja wirklich. Dieser Gesichtsausdruck ist bei mir Normalität und hat nichts zu bedeuten, keine Sorge. Und meine Schultern sahen auch schon immer so aus. Zumindest, seitdem ich ein Vampir bin.
Aber das ist eine längere Geschichte. Eine lange und langweilige Geschichte. Das interessiert doch ohnehin niemanden.

Niemand interessiert sich für meine Lebensgeschichte...

Wo war ich? Achja. Ich möchte mich eigentlich nicht wiederholen, aber wie manche von euch schon bemerkt haben dürften, kann Schattenspiele, die Horror Comic Anthologie nun hier online unter exakt dieser Adresse gefunden werden, wie schon zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt erklärt wurde.
Nun mögen Sie sich weiterhin fragen, was ein gewisser dürrer Vampir namens Vlad damit zu tun haben könnte.
Interessiert es Sie?
Ich will ihnen ja nicht auf die Nerven gehen.
Ja, wirklich?
Wunderbar, na dann: Die zwei Damen der Trios waren so freundlich, eine Anekdote aus meinem nächtlichen Leben zu illustrieren. Es geht um einen missglückten Versuch, von einer Jungfer Blut zu saugen. Sehr witzig. Haha. Ich wette, jeder lacht darüber. Jeder außer mir. Aber was tut man nicht alles für die Kunst, nicht wahr? Schließlich ist sie ewig. Normalerweise bin ich ja auch erfolgreicher im Jagen...

Zum Beispiel damals in London, als... ähm. Nein. Oder in Berlin einmal... ach nein, das war auch Nichts, wer hätte auch ahnen können, dass ein 9-jähriges Mädchen so gut mit dem Stockdegen umgehen kann... aber da war dieses eine Mal, mit der Nonne... die... die...

Ach, wem mach ich was vor.
Ich bin ein Wrack...
Wozu bin ich überhaupt gut, als Vampir?
Und dann trage ich auch noch den gleichen Namen wie Graf Dracula, als wäre meine Existenz nicht schon ohnehin ein großer Witz.
Wenn ich nicht ständig Blutkonserven aus dem Krankenhaus klauen würde, wäre ich ja schon längst vertrocknet. Wissen Sie, manchmal, wenn ich in meinem Sarg nicht schlafen kann, habe ich diese Gedanken, dass die Wächter der Krankenhauses vielleicht schon von mir wissen und es mir einfach aus Mitleid durchgehen lassen. Stellen Sie sich das mal vor, unwürdige Menschen, die Mitleid mit einem Unsterblichen haben… Aber neun, das ist sicher nur Paranoia.

Oder vielleicht sollte ich mich einfach auf eine Wiese legen und warten, dass die Sonne aufgeht. *unterdrücktes Schluchzen* Wenn Sie mich entschuldigen, ich möchte ein wenig alleine sein, mich mit einer Packung Blut vor meinen Fernseher zurückziehen und Dark Shadows gucken. Nein, natürlich nicht den Film, der war schrecklich...

Hochachtungsvoll

Vlad, der Vampir

PS: Falls es euch interessiert: Dies ist der erwähnte Comic. Bitte klickt auf jene Seiten, die euch interessieren,




2 comments:

  1. hello! I really liked your art! There are very cool drawings! =) that's sort of collaboration?... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you very much for the kind words, we are glad you liked the comic^^ It is indeed a collaboration of 2 artists, you can check out our Deviantart galleries here: http://alvene.deviantart.com/ and here: http://nekromantenhase.deviantart.com/

    ReplyDelete